The Clinical Trials administration aims to provide it services professionally by evaluation, registration and monitoring the Clinical Trials conducted in Saudi Arabia and contribute to the protection of clinical trial subjects, also increasing experience of investigators in the field of clinical research and strengthen the capacity of the regulatory body, legislative and oversight functions.
- Set up regulations and guidelines for the conditions and mechanism of implementation of clinical trials.
- Evaluation of clinical trial files for trials conducted in Saudi Arabia.
- Inspection on clinical trials sites and make sure that Researchers and Research Organizations comply with all parts of the study protocol in addition to meeting all the requirements for good clinical practice (GCP) and good laboratory practice (GLP) guidelines.
- Ensure the safety of participants / volunteers in clinical trials.
- Increase the awareness of researchers to the Regulations concerning clinical trials.
- Create a database for all clinical trials the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Saudi Clinical Trials Registry).